Sunday, April 25, 2010

Using our time and energy in an effective and meaningful way

Today there were several protests against the wars around the City of Milwaukee. All week I was contemplating on whether or not I should participate or just go check it out. I've been on numerous road trips to DC for various things...climate change, the wars, campaigns and I was just thinking would Jason (my husband) appreciate this? After reading Sebastian Junger's book, War, it really made me look at these issues differently and really begin to have different feelings about all of it. I do not support the war, but I support the troops..? Yet, I'll shop at Wal-mart which in some way is inadvertently supporting the war so what good am I REALLY doing. I wonder (alot). Yes, we do have to pick and choose our battles sometimes, but it's to the point for me that there have been hundreds of thousands of men and women that have been deployed, came home, and are now struggling with many, many issues including homelessness, PTSD, AODA issues, etc etc. They need help. I need help as a spouse. Sometimes I wonder if PTSD is contagious. I babble a lot of random ideas and concepts that have been floating around in my mind. This is only a small fragment.

No comments:

Post a Comment