Monday, April 26, 2010

How I've been feeling lately, is PTSD contagious?

I just wanted to write for the sake of writing to someone. Each day of each week it is more and more difficult for me to wake up and get out of bed. I'm extremely exhausted, yet I have trouble sleeping. I have been having ongoing panic attacks and just general paranoia. It is really starting to get to me. I wanted to cry this morning just because that's how much I didn't want to go to work. I have nightmares and vivid daydreams about all of these horrible things happening, or flashbacks of things that I have experienced. I often feel edgy and anxious just waiting for the next catastrophic event to happen. I thrive in crisis and sometimes feel like I seek stress and arguments. I just feel really depressed and the only thing that is motivating me is that I have to be there to solve all of the problems and to make sure my son has what he needs. There was a point in time where I was seriously scared of what he might do in the event that he was drunk and would act out of anger. He even purchased a gun but the sale was denied. It's just scary to see someone you love, their body and face and voice, and for them to be completely taken over by this evil force- alcohol. It's like he would turn into this monster and now that monster is haunting me and I am just waiting in defense until that monster returns. He would get so drunk that he would black out but still be walking and talking and the next day he would remember absolutely nothing. Not his actions or what he said. I feel that therapy has been making me deal with all of these things and now I have no where to run to hide from all of these problems. It's so hard. Now I have to really dig to find the strength to get up and come back to work tomorrow. I just keep thinking that there are always people out in the world that are worse off than me. I feel like I was born into a moderately high privelaged family being white, living in the suburbs, middle-class, etc etc and I sit and wonder about those individuals and families who are marginalized and who don't have the access to resouces and support. I'm lucky to have relatively decent health insurance (for now) and to be able to see a private therapist (for an affordable, to me, price). I feel a little better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment