Monday, May 10, 2010

Restless days and sleepless nights

I haven't been able to slow down today. I slept for about 3 hours last night and went in to work this morning. I made the decision to take some time off over the next two weeks to do a few things for myself. My therapist shared something with me that I've been trying to work on. When you wake up each morning think of 3 things that you'd like to accomplish that day. I've been struggling with this and either I feel guilty for not completing something because I set very high standards for myself. I try to choose simple things like completing my homework or reading. That's part of the reason I decided to spend a little time on myself. I'm constantly multi-tasking, I think that's synonymous with motherhood, but it is getting ridiculous. My memory is starting to fail me and I found myself feeling impatient with my son today, neither are good signs.

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    In my eyes you give great meaning to the word "hero." You are indeed, a hero.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David. I really appreciate that, more than you know. Also, thank you for the hug today...I don't feel like I've been getting enough of those lately. It made a difference.

    ReplyDelete